James Zenere is a partner in the firm, specializing in defending professional negligence cases on behalf of physicians, nurses and healthcare facilities throughout California since 1990. He has represented medical professionals in Federal and State courts and before the Medical Board, the Nursing Board and the California Department of Health Services. Mr. Zenere has also litigated Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse cases throughout Northern California. He also selectively handles some personal injury cases and matters pertaining to The American's with Disabilities Act. Mr. Zenere received his Bachelor's degree from UCLA in 1987 and his law degree from Santa Clara University School of Law in 1990.
Mr. Zenere has participated in medical/legal advisory committee meetings and peer review conferences in various counties throughout Northern California . He has worked extensively with medical specialists in the Bay Area community, particularly for Sutter Health, Stanford and UCSF, and handled cases for a number of professional liability companies including Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Medical Protective, The Doctors' Company, Norcal Mutual, Catholic Healthcare West, James River Insurance and BETA Healthcare.
Mr. Zenere is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Associations and is admitted to practice law in all of the state courts in the State of California and the U.S. District Court of California, Ninth Circuit. Mr. Zenere has also served as a Judge Pro Tern, arbitrator and mediator in civil litigation matters for Santa Clara County. He has for multiple years been selected by his peers as one of Northern California's "Super Lawyers." Mr. Zenere is married and has three daughters.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense 85%
- Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse 10%
- Personal Injury 3%
- Mediations for Medical and Personal Injury 2%
- Health Care
- Products Liability
- Premises Defects and Dangerous Conditions
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Western District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor's degree - 1987
Honors and Awards
- Northern California's "Super Lawyers"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Santa Clara County Bar Associations, Member
- Santa Clara County, Arbitrator and Mediator